The Home And School Association – HSA
The Home and School Association is an organization comprised of all parents and guardians of HTIS students,the members of the school faculty, the principal, and an HSA advisor or School Advisory Board officer. The HSA is managed by an Executive Board of elected officers and holds general membership meetings six times a year. It facilitates communication and cooperation between the school and home in matters of purpose, policy and procedure. Social events, fund raising activities that contribute to the operational costs of the school, and the sports program form an integral part of home and school involvement.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key responsibilities include:
- To support communication and interaction between parents, teachers and administration in the shared spiritual, intellectual, and emotional training of students.
- To generate fundraising activities to offset the expenses of the school.
- To make contributions to the school in the areas of social and extracurricular activities as well as academics.
- To foster a sense of community between all members of the organization.
The 2017-2018 Executive Board
- President – Becky Klock
- Vice President – Courtney Thein
- Treasurer – Tara Freshwater
- Recording Secretary – Gigi Payumo
- Corresponding Secretary – Gretchen Byrne
- Member-at-Large – Gina Heuck
- Member-at-Large – Amy Lovato
- Member-at-Large – Leah Smith
- Member-at-Large – Brooke Studer
- Member-at-Large – Cheryl Tully
- Mountainside Liaison- Courtney Thein
- Past President- Erin Jacobs
Operational Standing Committees
- Sports: Athletic Director – Todd Mitchell
- Class Parents Committee Chair – Alexis Sosinski
To meet the objectives of the HSA, various committees are formed. Committees are led by chairpersons, which are one-year terms, but are generally held for two consecutive years.
Two parents from each class serve as classroom parents to ensure the teacher and children are well served. They are responsible for phone chain communication for school closings, message dissemination to parents and managing class funds. They organize transportation for class trips, donation of supplies for class parties, and hospitality and refreshments for events. They also help the faculty as needed. Prospective class parents are confirmed by the beginning of the school year.
The Sports Program offers HTIS students the choice of a variety of team sports as well as sports skills programs. The program has been structured to provide opportunities for competitive play, skill development, physical fitness as well as fun for our students. The program fosters respect for oneself, teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, faculty and equipment. Participation on all HTIS school sponsored sports teams is predicated upon the student athlete maintaining good academic standing and appropriate conduct. As per New Jersey State law, sports physicals are required for all student athletes in grades 6-8. See Sports Forms for details for physicals.
The HSA Board interacts with the School Advisory Board, the school’s principal, the pastors and other faculty and staff on a regular basis to communicate issues brought forward by parents, guardians and other individuals.