• Thursday is Mail Day at Holy Trinity-The “Thursday Envelope” will go home with the youngest/only child in your family in grades -8 every Thursday. Please ask your child for his or her Thursday envelope (every Thursday) and return it to school every Friday. (This week you should have received the mail envelope on Wednesday.) In addition, you will receive a link to the “HTIS Weekly Announcements” every Thursday. Please read them. MOST communication at HTIS is paperless and requires you to do your part. If you would like to have something included in the Weekly Announcements or Thursday Envelopes please send the information electronically to school by Monday evening. (Since it is just the first week of school, the Announcements are being published a day late on Friday.)
WC Class parent meeting has been changed from 9/10 to 9/15 at 9am.
• Deacon Keith from Holy Trinity Church invites all 4-8th graders to Altar Server training in the church on Thursday, Sept 17 at 3:30 pm. Please enter through the side door.
• The Holy Trinity School’s Home and School Association is fundraising with Mabel’s Labels, the leading provider of practical, durable personalized labels that are as tough as they are cool. Sticky Labels, Peel and Stick Clothing Labels, Bag Tags, Allergy Alert labels & more… there’s a label for everything your kiddo brings for the day. Visit www.mabelslabels.com. Choose Support a Fundraiser. Click on Schools and Organizations. Scroll to find Holy Trinity. Start to shop! This campaign ends on October 31. Questions: contact Briege Lennon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A message from our Librarian, Mrs. Rauch: The Scholastic Book Fair is here once again! Beginning the week of September 14th, in the Westfield Campus gym, students will be able to shop for a variety of books during their scheduled library period, recess, and after school. Parents are welcome to shop anytime from 8:30am-3:30pm and at Back-to-School Night! You may also purchase a book for your child’s classroom from a basket of teacher selected books. THANK YOU for your support as proceeds from the Book Fair benefits both campus libraries. Kindly see the attached message to volunteer at the Book Fair.
Scholastic Book Fair Volunteer Hours for September 14-17, 2015
Monday 9/14 Tuesday 9/15 Thursday 9/17
9:15am-10:00am 6-A/7-A 6-G 3-S
10:00-10:45am K 1-C
10:45am-11:30am 5-K 2-M
1:00pm-1:30pm 5-B 3-G
1:30pm-2:15pm 1-T 4-E
Kindly email email@example.com and let me know your availability-Thanks! Helen
Westfield Campus Back to School Night – for grades KR-8. Don’t miss our Back to School Night on Thursday, September 17th in the WC gym. Doors open at 7pm for the Activities Fair. Program starts at 7:30pm. (Mountainside Campus Back to School Night is October 22nd.)
• HT Blue & Gold has been created to serve Holy Trinity students past and present, build an alumni social network and support the school as is enters its second century. B&G will kick-off with a cocktail party at Robyn and Alex Kelly’s home, 1249 Prospect Street, Westfield, on Friday September 18th at 7pm. Please join us & other HT Alum families for a fun night. If interested, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on B&G please visit our web site: www.blueandgold.org
• Got Sneakers? Join the 5K Run/Walk for MOM on Sunday, September 20th at Nomahegan Park, Cranford. Dust off those running shoes and put one foot in front of the other! Please send in your registration form to the School Office. Day-of registration will begin at 8:00am. Proceeds to benefit HTIS “Bridge the Gap” tuition assistance fund.
• Partesi Music Services: Optional instrumental music lessons will again be provided by Partesi Music Services, Inc. The students will be introduced to the music program and receive registration forms at a school assembly on Thursday, September 24th. If you have any questions about the program, please visit their website at www.partesimusic.com. Lessons will begin in mid-October.
• Westfield FestiFall – Volunteers Needed: Come help us spread the word about our great school at this year’s Westfield FestiFall on Sunday, September 27th. We are looking for volunteers to help setup and answer questions throughout the day. Please consider giving just an hour of your time. You can sign up at http://vols.pt/9oSDHa. Thank you!
• Catholic High School Information Night – September 29th 7:30PM – 9:00PM -Holy Trinity is hosting a Catholic High School Information Night on Tuesday, September 29th from 7:30PM – 9:00PM in the Gym. We invite all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders and parents to attend. Please see the attached to learn more. Feel free to invite others.
• The HT Aftercare program is looking for gently used, age appropriate DVD’s rated G or PG for viewing by students in aftercare program. Pease drop off at WC office. (Please no BlueRay)
From the School Office:
• Protecting God’s Children Workshop Schedule: all school volunteers and class trip chaperones are required to complete a sexual abuse awareness program that is being held throughout the Archdiocese. To register online for an upcoming workshop date, please go to rcan.org and return the certificate of attendance to the school office after completing the program. Some of the next workshop locations include:
FALL 2015 Protecting God’s Children Workshops
Day Date Place Town Time
Sunday 9/13/2015 St Mike Cranford 1pm
Wednesday 9/16/2015 St Helen Westfield 9:30am
Sunday 9/20/2015 St Helen Westfield call Carolyn @908-232-1214 for time
Monday 10/5/2015 St Helen Westfield 7pm
Tuesday 10/13/2015 St Bart Scotch Plains 7pm
All new families received information and paperwork about this program. Please complete and return to the school office. If you are a returning parent, you are now required to be retrained (online) every three years and to have a new background check every five years. Please contact the school office if you need this paperwork.
• The Annual Calendar & September Calendar are available on the school web site. You will need the userid: htisparent and password: environment to access these documents and all private documents on the htisnj.com website. As a password reminder, each family has received/will receive a magnet with the password on it.
• Powerschool Parents’ Portal: Powerschool, the electronic gradebook for students in grades 4-8, will be available on 9/21/15. An additional layer of security to the cloud based Power School server has been implemented for 2015-2016. Therefore, the web address must be preceded by https://. The NEW address is https://psrcan.psisjs.com/public .
• Westfield Campus Families- Please remember to turn in your lunch duty commitment form by Monday, September 14, indicating you choice to either work lunch duty 10x/year or opt out by sending a $ 90 check payable to HTIS HSA.
• Emergency Family Contact Information Form– If you have not already done so, please return this (gray) form to school ASAP. This form includes the parents’ home/work/cell phone numbers and parent’s email addresses. We are continuing with SchoolReach/Messenger, an automated system, to communicate emergency information such as a snow day, delayed opening or early closing.
• Last Call for Changes to Family Information for the School Directory- September 15th is the last day for changes in family information (addresses, phone #’s, email addresses) to be included in the School Directory. For your convenience, a change notice was included in your Thursday Envelope this week.
• PRESS RELEASE POLICY: We at Holy Trinity School are proud of our students’ successes and embrace the idea of sharing them within our school, church and local communities. This sharing is a way of spreading the good news of HTS within our community.
As media is so fluid these days, it has become almost impossible to administer a press release policy. Therefore, we will assume we have your permission to include your child(ren)’s names, grades and photos for the school web site, press releases, Facebook announcements, marketing materials and video productions (Drama, Christmas & Spring events), as appropriate. As always, the protection of our children is tantamount so personal information such as your street address will never be shared.
If you would like to opt-out of any or all of the above media, please contact the office before September 15. If we do not hear from you by September 15th, we will assume we have your permission to include your family’s information.
• K-12 Voluntary Student Accident Insurance is available for purchase from Bollinger Specialty Group. Please see their website for more information. https//www.BollingerSchools.com.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES:
HT Chess Club- ALL students in K-8 are invited to join the HT Chess team which ranked #5 at the 2015 NJ State Elementary Championships. Whether you are a novice or a tournament player, please come to the first meeting on Thursday, September 24th form 6-7pm at the Westfield Campus Cafeteria. Please see the attached for more information.
• Join Cross Country- It’s not too late to consider joining XC… Please see the attached for more information. Practices are MWF from 6-7pm at Tamaques Park. Saturday XC Meets are scheduled for September 27th, October 3rd, 18th, 23rd, and 24th.
Girl Scouts anyone? Attention parents of new girl students, especially in kindergarten and first grade! Holy Trinity has a Girl Scout troop in every grade– kindergarten through 8th grade. Troops generally meet once a month after school and participate in many school and local Council Girl Scout events; such as, Father/Daughter Dance, Girl Scout Sunday, ice skating, hayrides, Camporee, food drives, and Community Service Day. Parent participation is welcome and encouraged too! We need parent volunteers, especially in kindergarten! Please contact the HTIS Organizer: Gretchen Byrne, email@example.com or 908-233-7436 for further information and see our webpage at http://htisnj.com/student-life/clubs/girl-scouts/
• ATTENTION: ALL BOYS IN 1ST THROUGH 5TH GRADE (and their parents) are invited to attend the HT Pack 73 Cub Scout Pack Meeting/ Raingutter Regatta on Wednesday, September 18th at the Trailside Scout Area. Please see the attached for more information.
• Trinitas Hospital offers “10 Tips” Workshop Series for all people who interact with children of all ages at their Springfield location. Tips are geared toward home, school, and community. Please see the attached for more information and a registration form.
Upcoming Events: (Please click the logo below to go back to the home page for a list of upcoming events at HTIS.)
Like and Share Us on Facebook! One of the fastest and easiest ways you can help us share the happenings of our school is to “Like” and “Share” us on Facebook. If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to do so. We really appreciate it!